Boucle - what is this weaving?
In the world of textiles, there are many different fabrics that are distinguished by their uniqueness and distinctive appearance. One of them is undoubtedly the boucle fabric, which is gaining more and more popularity in interior design. Its unique texture and original appearance make this fabric loved by designers and lovers of interior design trends. Perhaps you have heard the word "lamb" in the context of upholstery material? If so, it was most likely the boucle fabric, which is distinguished by its full and fleshy structure. What else should we know about boucle then?
Boucle fabric - what is it?
Boucle is a type of fabric with a distinctive look and texture. The word "boucle" comes from French and means "loop". This fabric is made of loop yarn, which gives it a unique visual effect through a kind of twisted knots. The main feature of boucle are irregular loops and knots in its structure, which create a three-dimensional effect, thus giving the impression of "fluffy" and "imperfect". Boucle fabric can be made from different types of yarns, such as wool, cotton, silk, synthetics or their blends, which allows for a variety of colors and textures. It is most often used in interior design and fashion. Clothes such as coats, jackets or skirts "understand" perfectly with this type of fibre.
Loop yarn boucle - what were its beginnings in the furniture industry?
Boucle fabric has a long and interesting history. Its origins date back to the 20th century, when it was first presented by the French fashion designer and haute couture icon - Coco Chanel. It was Coco Chanel who introduced the boucle fabric to fashion salons, presenting it as a luxurious material for creating elegant and sophisticated women's suits. This fabric quickly gained recognition and became a symbol of class and style.
Shortly after its debut in fashion, where the material has been successfully used for years, especially in the autumn and winter season, due to the fact that it perfectly retains heat, the boucle fabric has also found its use in furniture. Its unique appearance and texture made it a perfect material for upholstering exclusive furniture. Since then, boucle fabric has grown in popularity and its use extends to various areas of interior design, from furniture to decorations, bedspreads, cushions and chair backs. This type of wool mainly covers the Scandinavian and boho styles, but also perfectly finds itself in glamor and modern styles.
Why do we love boucle fabric so much?
Boucle fabric wins the hearts of many lovers of interior design, and there are numerous advantages behind its popularity. We can undoubtedly count among them:
- Unique texture - characteristic loops and irregular knots create an original three-dimensional effect that distinguishes the boucle fabric from other upholstery materials.
- Elegance and style - boucle fabric reflects classic and elegance, thanks to which it fits perfectly into various interior styles, from classic to modern.
- Comfort and cosiness - the fluffiness and softness of the boucle fabric add exceptional comfort to the furniture, which makes it ideal for rest and relaxation.
- A multitude of colors - the boucle fabric is available in a wide range of colors, which makes it possible to match it to virtually any interior design.
- Durability - due to its structure and type of yarn, boucle fabric is durable and resistant to abrasion, which means that furniture upholstered in this material retains its appearance for a long time.
Washing and care - what do we need to know about boucle fabric?
Before buying furniture upholstered with boucle fabric, it is worth learning the rules of proper care and washing of this material. Proper care will keep your furniture attractive for a long time. So what do we need to remember? Here are the main care guidelines:
- Regular vacuuming - boucle fabric can collect dust and dirt, so it's worth vacuuming your furniture regularly with a delicate vacuum cleaner tip.
- Careful stain removal - in the case of dirt, immediately remove the stain using a delicate sponge or soft cloth moistened with water and a mild detergent. Avoid strong cleaning agents that can damage the structure of the fabric.
- Professional cleaning - for a deeper cleaning of furniture, it is worth using the services of a professional company specializing in washing upholstered furniture. Professional cleaning will ensure proper care of the boucle fabric and refresh the furniture.
- Protection from the sun and moisture - to prevent fading and damage to the fabric, boucle furniture should be placed away from direct sunlight and protected from moisture.
- Anti-pilling - boucle fabric can be prone to pilling, especially in heavily used areas. To prevent pilling, it is worth combing the fabric regularly with a soft brush.
As we can see, boucle fabric is a unique upholstery material that, thanks to its unique texture and aesthetics, wins the hearts of designers and lovers of interior design. Its popularity is mainly due to the elegance, comfort and durability it introduces to interior design. However, it is worth remembering about the proper care of the boucle fabric to keep its attractive appearance for many years. Thanks to this, furniture upholstered in this fabric will please the eye and provide comfort of use, while being an unchanging element of a refined and stylish living space.